Friday, June 26, 2009

A Sad Day

What an amazing day this is. I have been having a lot of trouble posting this, plus with my emails. I have heard that this is because of all the internet traffic since Michael Jackson passed away.

I would just like to say what an amazing musical talent, in fact quite a genius Michael Jackson was. My favourite song of his besides the songs of Thriller is a song that I have that was on a special CD that I bought when Princess Diana died. There was a beautiful song on there by Michael Jackson and it was called "Gone To Soon".
Well, below is my progress on Betsy. She is slowly getting there. I've worked the angels and I have done all the needle weaving of the blue behind the angels.
I am now in the verse. I have discovered a mistake from the chart to the photo. In the last word of the 3rd line is the word unexperienced. The C is missing from the word. It is the photo though. I don't know whether to follow the chart or follow the word.
I am still battling the boxes. I think I will be doing that for the next few weeks.
I know this is a short post but I have a lot going on at the moment. I hope you all have a lovely week.

12 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I am in jaw dropping awe of your stitching! It couldn't be more beautiful!!!

Margaret said...

Just gorgeous, Sandra! Your stitching is always amazing! (I was only into Michael Jackson when he was a kid and part of the Jackson 5. Showing my age perhaps? :D But of course I was a kid too.)

Maren said...

Your WIP is lovely! My advice about the mistake is to follow the picture, not the pattern and spell the word right.

Deb said...

I am just amazed at your stitching. It's absolutely beautiful. I guess I would just make a decision you can live with on the sampler. I ran across that and just did it in a way that pleased me. No one is ever going to know!

Karoline said...

Betsy is looking gorgeous, great progress

Deb said...

I think Michael was a gifted entertainer who will certainly leave a legacy of incredible musical style and of incredible dancing creativity. I'm sorry to say that I always believed the possibilities of his pediphilia, too. I do pray that he is at peace with God and himself.

Meanwhile, what a beautiful progress you have with Betsy!! Love it!!

Cindy F. said...

This is absolutely a beautiful sampler!! I can't wait to see this one grow:)

Siobhán said...

Sandra, your stitching is SO beautiful. Wonderful progress!

samplerlover said...

Yes, I personally think that Michael Jackson was a gifted and talented young man. His music and the videos that he made really show off his talent. I quite enjoy listening to his songs.

But I also think that as he got older he became quite strange and weird. By the sounds of it, he really had a troubled life. I don't know if the stories of pediphilia are true or not. I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but by surrounding yourself with children you are opening up a lot of doors. I hope that he is now at peace and can be left in peace.

Lapplisor said...

Hi Sandra,
also this work grows again so beautifully under your hands.
Particularly the beautiful heart works very well with this beautiful sample.
You are very industrious!
Tomorrow our children will come to us, in order to make four weeks vacation.
The joy is large!
Sunny greetings from hot Sweden.
♥☼♥Barbara♥☼♥

Anonymous said...

Sandra - absolutely beautiful!!! Can you tell me what pattern that is? I just love love love that border!

Karen said...

In the book "Samplers From A to Z; Museum of Fine Arts Boston" there is a great picture of Betsy! I used this photo as it is very clear and also scanned it for super close-ups needed. I was able to correctly stitch the verse that way. Also, the SL pattern simplifies the leaves in the border and especially in the trees in the interior of the sampler. You can easily use this photo for placement of leaves and other figures. I enjoyed stiching her. You are making great progress. Keep up the great work!!!