Monday, March 7, 2011

Miss Hannah Has Been Framed

Over the weekend I had the opportunity of framing Hannah Lancaster and here she is in all her glory. I think she looks lovely and she is hanging alongside my Sarah Moon.

I know I said last week that I was going to start working on Susan Rambo but somebody else stuck their hand up and started jumping up and down trying to get my attention. Anyway, she won, so I'm now working on Ann Grant from Shakespeare's Peddler. Ann is such a stunning creature (so is Susan btw) so I thought that I would do her before Susan. This is my progress. I just love the border. Now this is quite strange for me as I hate doing borders but this one is really lovely. I love all the reds and pinks in her.

I don't think I have ever shown these two samplers from my collection. I had to do a bit of rearranging so that I could hang Hannah where I wanted her and these have come off the wall.

The first one is a Shepherd's Bush sampler and is really lovely. I love all the little flowers in it along with the Arch. I'm sorry I can't remember it's name. I have the chart, but I am to lazy to go and find it. It is a very old Shepherd Bush Design.


This one is called Earth Laughs Sampler and is by Hillside Samplings.


The lovely weather from Friday has disappeared unfortunately. It is a bit miserable outside with light rain and overcast conditions. You can feel it getting cooler every day.

Well, this is it for me today. 2 post is a few days which is unusual lol. Anyway, I hope that you have a wonderful week and thank you for dropping by.

22 comments:

Margaret said...

Ok, you're making it hard to choose -- Susan Rambo or Ann Grant? lol! Ann is so pretty! And Hannah looks great framed up! Love the older samplers you're showing off too. I'm always inspired by your work, you know. :D

marly said...

Hannah and Harriet are magnificent and their frames really show them off. They are two of my favorites and I'm jealous!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Hannah looks lovely in her frame. I enjoyed seeing pics of your older samplers.
I'm waiting patiently for my Ann G. chart, linen and a few missing threads. I think they'll be a few of us stitching Ann along with you.

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Sandra, on finishing AND framing Hannah. Wow!

Oh, you lucky girl, you have started Ann Grant! I'm still waiting for her, as I am waiting for fibers for Susan. Ann is looking mighty pretty!

Ariane20 said...

It's so pretty. Congratulations!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Ooooh, your framed Hannah is just gorgeous, Sandra! I want to do Ann Grant as well - after I finish Isabella Johnstone, she may have to be my next project. Really enjoyed your trip down memory lane - a couple of pretty pieces -

merumo said...

Wow, super fast job you framed Hannah already!? Very nice!! Ann is looking fabulous. I'll start her when finishing Susan Rambo. Will look forward to seeing your progress!!

Alice said...

So pretty! As for not working on Susan Rambo yet, well... so many samplers, so little time! Some choices have to be made. Whatever you do will be beautiful, so easy choices really.

Erica said...

Miss Hannah is gorgeous!
Doesn't it feel wonderful to finally get something framed?
Ann Grant is tugging at me too, but I think I will put it off for as long as I can because I have soooo much in my stash!
Love all that pink though!

Valerie said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish! Your stitching, as usual, is lovely! Thanks for sharing your past finishes too. It is nice seeing things from a stitcher's past.

Looking forward to seeing more progress on Ann Grant!

Katrina said...

Love, love, love your framed Hannah!!! And Ann Grant is gorgeous.

Nancy said...

Miss Hannah is just gorgeous! I love that dress! Beautiful stitching, beautiful frame.

DonnaSews said...

all your samplers are beautiful. I am still waiting for Ann Grant also. I can't wait to stitch this one. Enjoy

Siobhán said...

All of your framing is wonderful!! I love Hannah and Harriet--both are soooo pretty. Nice new start, too. I am making myself finish a few things before finishing Ann or Susan, but seeing all these new starts is making it soooo hard.

Karoline said...

Hannah is gorgeous, congratulations

DonnaSews said...

Are you stitching Ann Grant on 40 ct linen?

sampler lover said...

Yes, I am doing Ann Grant on 40ct Antique White linen. - Sandra.

Robyns Home in the Mountains said...

Hi Stranger, Long time no see..I have kept up todate with your blog and your works and sure miss our little meetings and me seeing your beautiful work in person.Just love it...I have a blog going if you ever want to pop on over and check out my life...
See you soon
your long lost friend..
Robyn

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Your Hannah is just wonderful! kudos to you for finising such a lovely sampler.

Annie Beez said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!What a lovely frame!

Teri said...

I'm appalled at how behind I must be in my blog reading because somehow I missed the framing of Hannah Lancaster. She is so beautiful! I'm now looking forward to watching your progress on Ann Grant.

Ellen said...

Your Hannah is wonderful!!!

I have the chart and linen, but heavens know when I'll be able to start. Guess for now I'll just have to look at your finished version and dream.

Do you mind telling me what threads you used?