Friday, May 9, 2008

Ta Dah

Well, as you can see I finally framed and hung my beautiful Margaret Gibson. I had a slight problem where to hang her. So I decided to move around a few samplers from here to there and there to here and finally settled on this spot. This is one of my favourite corners in my lounge room. I usually sit on the right and sew.

A close up of Margaret. I was told by my DH that its slightly off, but it looks ok to me.

This is one of the samplers that I moved. Its now in one of the bedrooms. My husband bought this one for me when I was expecting my middle son in 1988. I finished it just before he was born. It is a Laura Ashley sampler. It is abit unusual as it is stitched on a brown Penelope Canvas with DMC wool. Then when it was framed I had to put brown paper behind the sampler to get that "old" look.

It's a beautiful day in the Mountains today. I picked maybe my last bunch of roses for the season. They are in the top photo. I love roses, violets and camellias. The camellias are starting to come out in my back garden. I have picked a small bunch to put my windowsill in the kitchen.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend and I would like to wish you all a Happy Mothers Day.

9 comments:

Yuko said...

Congratulations on your finish!
And the framed piece is very beautiful!
I love to see your samplers very much, as always this is stunning!

Lapplisor said...

I thank you that you show still another view of this beautiful Sampler, with the framework...
It sees grandios, Sandra!
The framework gives a marvelous conclusion to your beautiful embroidery.
I believe also that he hangs now perfectly in your corner...

Your Laura Ashlay work is a wonderful memory for you, and also again a great work of you.

I discovered today my first climbing rose bloom in the garden. It sits full buds.

has a beautiful weekend.
Greeting from Barbara

Wendy said...

Margaret looks amazing framed. How wonderful to have a finished sampler, framed and hanging on your wall. Congratulations!

Sachiko said...

Oh!Your sampler is very gorgeous!
I'm interesting your blog and your stitches!Very beautiful!

Lelia said...

WOOT!!!! How fantastic is your sampler : ) Congrats on the beautiful finish

the striped rose said...

Beautiful samplers!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Quelle merveille!!!

Melissa said...

Your Margaret Gibson sampler is beautiful. If you don't mind me asking what fabric did you stitch her on?

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for the fabric info and it would probably shock you that I love hearing that a beautiful sampler was stitched on antique white or flax or cream linen. Don't get me wrong the hand dyeds are wonderful and I use them but I am equally happy stitching on regular linen. Your Margaret is just beautiful. I think she's going to be my next sampler start.