Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm Still Here

First up I want to apologize for the photos. It is as my DH calls a "Baby Weather" sort of day - wet and windy lol. It is one of those very dark grey, misty, wet and very windy sort of days. You get the picture lol. One of those days where it is good to be inside. I suppose you could call it bleak, but it isn't good for taking photos.

I haven't been blogging, but I still have been stitching. I have been plodding along on Ann Grant plus another sampler. Here is my progress on Ann and the end is very near. I just have to do a little bit more around the house along with finishing off the lawn plus the rest of the border and she will be finished. Ann and I have had a few moments along the way where she has nearly been in the fire, but I have pressed on with her and I will be glad when she is finished. She is really a beautiful sampler and I think I would have regretted her going in with the wood to keep me warm lol. But there were a few times when I was very tempted.

I thought that I would show you one of my Mother's Day presents from my children. It is a very special Stacy Nash piece that my LNS has. It is one of those special Stacy Nash Clubs and my LNS is the only shop to have this piece along with a few more that are coming. One is in the mail as we speak. Isn't it lovely. I did this a few days after they gave it to me which set on off on a Stacy Nash kick.

This is the Schoolgirl Pinkeep Drum. I already have it, but decided to make it a bit different by not doing the Peacock that goes on top.

I love this little piece. It is the Robin Pinkeep. I also have the Bluebird. I just have to sit down and do it.

I was also fortunate to win this lovely little booklet on Julie and Becky's lovely blog A Note Of Friendship I just noticed that there is more on the lovely story of Pandora. I have been enjoying reading this story so I should go off and read it.

Nothing much else to report. You know the old saying. No news is good news lol. My DH's leg is a lot better thank goodness, but it still lets him know that it is there.

Thank you for stopping my. I really enjoy meeting everybody who leaves a comment.


24 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Ann looks wonderful Sandra and I'm so glad you didn't toss her in the fire.
I'm in love with all of your Stacy Nash pieces. Each one of them is wonderful.

merumo said...

Your Ann is looking farbulous! I don't mind to trade yours with my Ann! lol Very nice progress :))) I love Stacy's pieces, too. I haven't stitched any lately, but always enjoy looking at her lovely paterns...

Cristina said...

Your Ann looks awesome. Why did you get so angry at her? She will look 5 stars!
I love those Stacy's pieces. I have been wanting them for quite some time.
Congrats on your winning.

Siobhán said...

Ann looks fantastic, Sandra! I love your Stacy pieces, too. I'm glad to hear that your husband is doing better. :)

Glenna said...

Ann Grant is beautiful! Definitely don't throw her in the fire!

Karen said...

Ann is beautiful!

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Beautiful handwork on those samplers...keep on going!! ~Kriss~

Nancy said...

Ann is just beautiful! Glad you worked it out with her and she didn't end up in the fire! The SN pieces are lovely too! Glad your husband's leg is better!

Margaret said...

Now what did Ann do to you that you wanted to put her in the fire? lol! She's looking great and you're almost done too! Love the Stacy Nash pieces as well -- the red on the first one is so pretty. Been busy but I'll email soon hopefully!

Alice said...

Stitching trumps blogging every time! Then we get to see the lovely pictures of what you have done... even the baby weather pictures are worth drooling over!

marly said...

OH...I want that Stacy Nash design that I can't have! Love it. Nicely finished. Thank goodness Ann made it through without a flame toss. But I DO know about the flame!

Deb said...

It's funny how we have these moments where we want to set our pieces on fire! LOL But thank goodness you didn't. For all her frustrations, Ann looks lovely and you are on the homestretch!!

Do love those Stacy Nash pieces too. One of these days I will have to try one of them!!

Stay warm and dry - STITCH!!!

The Scarlett House said...

Gosh Sandra, we haven't chatted in ages and I have been thinking about you often. So glad that Ann survived a horrible death. I've had moments like that. She is a beautiful sampler and one day, I'll get to her.
Your SN pieces are really special, too. Glad to hear that Bob is mending. Is he driving you crazy, lol?

alison said...

Love the robin! :P

Gabi said...

Ann looks just stunning. Glad you didn't toss her in the fire. She might be a bit stubborn, but is beautiful enough to be worth it. Not long to go anymore before she's finished and you can dance a very happy dance :)
Love also your stacy pieces. They all look great.

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching on everything, well done!

Karoline said...

Ann looks lovely and your Stacy Nash pieces are great.

merumo said...

Thanks for leaving me a lovely comment. I do see why you get sidetracked while stitching Ann Grant as she is a huge girl!! But you are almost done with her :) I love Stacy's designs and have some charts and booklets hiding in my closet.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your Stacy Nash pieces are gorgeous and Ann is looking lovely. I am glad that Ann didn't get tossed into the fire.

Valerie said...

Ann is coming along beautifully! She is such a pretty sampler...good thing that you did not toss her in the fire!

marly said...

Hi Sandra. I replied but got an email back that it won't go through so I'm sending this as a comment - you don't have to post it. Thanks for the link! As for the pears, I've not used any additional spices or such. They get SO juicy and messy while they're drying, so I usually leave them alone. I put a few small diameter dowel rods under them while they're drying to keep them from rotting on the bottom. Several times I started the drying process in a 250 degree oven for HOURS but that's only if I'm doing a bunch at one time. I only use Bosc pears because I like the taller size, but haven't seen any nice ones here for months. All our pears are expensive and short and will be so small when dried. I don't know how far along yours are, but you can shape them gently when they are soft and make the bottoms flat so they sit nicely. I use the cloves without "buds" on the bottom of the pears so they sit better too. I had orange pomanders that I spiced and they also caked, but I used a paint brush when they were dry and removed the excess. They certainly make a mess for a while, but are so worth it!!!

marly

Angie Burrett said...

Don't stop now, your samplers are just so lovely. I don't know how I'd cope without my cross-stitch and patchwork - keeps me sane with an eventual end result of which one can be proud! Keep on sewing -do NOT burn!

Mal said...

Hi there everyone,
I am just new to this sampler blog site and I am so lucky I have just stumbled across it.I am wondering if there is anyone in Melbourne who loves the art of stitching samplers and would like to get together sometime to change ideas and maybe patterns.I have got quite a few designs and would just love the company of others who love the same creativity as myself.Cheers Mal

Debby said...

Hi, i love your Ann! I just love everything you have stitched. I have a question: I have the chart of Sophia's sampler but the conversion avas to DMC is not good. Can you sent me your DMC- list?? Thank you for the for the beautiful pictures of your samplers!!

Greetings from Debby,
the Netherlands